xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Beautiful Days

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Beautiful Days

Just as most days do, my yesterday started out to be a perfectly wonderful day.

The coffee was delicious.
The weather was chilly but, doable.
My Fitbit steps were on the upswing.
I met a new, nice person.
I accomplished everything I wanted to get done.
Yep.
Things were going really, really swell.

Then little by little by little.
A couple this and that's and that and this
negative over here
depressing over there
& wham-o
It got me.

No.
Make that, I got me.
I allowed it in.
Because it was MY choice, my call, my decision
& apparently, yesterday at least, I preferred that gray, darkened road.
boo.

BOO 

Odd thing is though, I knew it was happening, I felt it coming on.
I even commented to Husband, "I'm allowing the noise in so, I'm going to hide" before I placed that blanket over my head and advised, 'no talking until tomorrow'.

I hid.
I humphed
I powered out.  

A friend and I were talking about just that, just the other day
& Sister and I yap about it quite often too.
Letting the negatives dictate.
Listening to those darn monkeys.
Nixing the jolly.

gaaaa

So now, this morning, I'm kinda disappointed in me.
Even though I'm very aware that it's bound to happen every now and again, I get perturbed at myself when it happens to me.

I wasted a perfectly wonderful evening.
I missed a beautiful sunset
& I placed a flippin blanket over my head because ...
because ... ?

Because I let pessimism in
& worse yet, I let pessimism win.

BAH.

Well.
That was yesterday
& THIS is today.

So long, nellies.
I sure hope you enjoyed your stay because if I have anything to say about it
& I DO
you won't be coming back anytime soon.

So. There.

Bright.
Light
Good
Kind
Positive
Pleasant
Joyful
Thankful
Upbeat
Chipper

You name it, THAT'S where I want to be.
From now until forever
& by golly, since it happens to be my choice.

My. Choice.

I choose Happy.

YaY.

:)

I Am My Feelings





No comments:

Post a Comment