xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: They Did

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

They Did

I saw a man teaching a woman how to ride a bike the other day.
They were 30 years old or so ish.
It was such an uplifting sight.
A definite 'oh yes you can' moment that is now stuck in my head.

I saw them in the park.
The patient instructor and his nervous student were on the grass.
Seems the 'what if I fall / safe landing factor' was well thought out and debated before they began.
So adorable.

I walked pass, unnoticed.
The determined couple was completely absorbed in their lesson.
She was squealing with glee
& he was holding on tight.
Words of encouragement were being whispered in her ear.

"How fun !" I thought as I walked by
& So Darn CUTE.

It was my first go around the park.
I figured the happy pair would do their thing and be long gone by the time I made it back to the learning spot.
& so, I tucked this scene away in my thoughts and continued along.

After a two mile, approximately thirty minute gap I came upon the couple again.
They were still very much involved in the teaching / learning process.
He was handing her encouragement.
She was giggling with excitement.
But, he wasn't holding on quite as tight or as long anymore & she was riding.
Riding in short, interrupted intervals but, riding it was.
YaY for them !

As I walked by, I couldn't help but think ...

Determination.
      +
Encouragement.

What a wonderful combination of 'oh yes they did " ! !

:)





 








No comments:

Post a Comment