xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Our Spot

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Our Spot

I do it every year.
Loaded up with chairs, blankets and snacks, I arrive at the park.
&
Yep.
I know I am way, waaaaay early for fireworks.
But, I really don't think two hours is all that long to wait.

I like to get there before everyone else so I can claim our spot.
Our fireworks viewing spot.
It's a good one.
Right smack on the middle of it all.
Not too close, not too far.
Truth be told, it's kinda perfect.

My family and I have sat in the same spot every 4th of July for as long as I can remember.
In fact, if someone else ever got to the park before me and sat in that spot, I'd have to shoo them away.
Hey there you ! ! That's OUR spot.

I have no problem being fireworks ready way waaaaay too early.
& btw ...
I'm not the only one.
There are always other early birds at the park claiming their spots as well.

Sometimes a family member joins me in my wait.
Sometimes I am by myself.
Either way works for me because there's plenty to do in that two hour interval.

People to watch.
A sunset to admire.
Quiet sounds of an empty park to enjoy.
Yep.
Way waaaaay early works for me.

Ahhhh.

My silly obsession with an early arrival works out for my family too.
They can show up whenever they want with no need to wonder where to sit.
They already know.

So to those who will ask if I'm going to the park way waaaaay early again this year...?
Oh yes.
Yes I am.

I'll be patiently, blissfully waiting in the best spot of all.
Our spot.

:)

I Am My Feelings



No comments:

Post a Comment