xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Etcetera ! Nature

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Etcetera ! Nature

As a few of my family and I were enjoying outside this past weekend, a critter was spotted in the yard next door.
After a few minutes of debate, we determined he was a groundhog.
We named him Gregory.
Something must have caught Gregory's attention because he kept venturing out of his cozy quarters to check it out.
He had a pattern.
Gregory would waddle out, look around at the world, hang around a bit, then go back home.
Waddle. Look. Hang. Home.
Waddle. Look. Hang. Home.
Family and I decided he was either shy, lazy or Mrs Gregory kept beckoning him back.
After awhile, Gregory decided his hideaway was the better place to be.

wink wink

I was talking to my new neighbor recently.
She had moved in during Winter, so this was the first time we had a chance to really chat.
My new friend informed me that she is very frightened of insects and critters.
I told her she sounds like me thirty years ago and if she needs any help or advice, just ask.
I've literally seen it all living here
& what used to scare me now intrigues me so.

As Neighbor and I parted ways, I came across an ant hill.
I can't tell you the last time I took notice of an ant hill.
WoW.
I'm so glad I used that moment to watch those busy little creatures.
Talk about working together.
Go Team.
We should all take a lesson from that teeny tiny production line.

And I'm not sure why I do this but, I do this.
I wake up every morning between 2 a.m. and 3:15 a.m.
No biggie.
I wake up, think about stuff and eventually go back to sleep.
zzzzzzzzz
But, that's beside the point.
The point is the time.
I always know if it's before or after 3:15 a.m. by what the birds are doing.
If it's before 3:15, I hear crickets and other night noises.
After 3:15 always, always brings me a wonderful symphony of chirping.
But it's always 3:15 a.m
Not before
& it's always the same guy that gets the chirping started.
He wakes the others up with his beautiful tune.
I've often heard that the early bird catches the worm but, I never realized until recently how early.
3:15 a.m.
Like clockwork.

Awwwwww.
Nature.

Lessons to be learned, songs being sung, busy, curious, lovely, awesome, etcetera ...etcetera ...etcetera ..  nature.
It's truly an everyday gift.

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

 :)

I Am My Feelings







No comments:

Post a Comment