xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Forever Obsessed

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Forever Obsessed

Trees.
Yeah, I'll admit I'm obsessed.
I am.
I so am.

Trees.
Sunrises
& clouds.
Yep.
It's like I just woke up one day, decided to look around and WHAMO.
Wait, what ?!??
You guys have been here all along ??
How did I not notice ?

My very favorite tree in all the land happens to be in my backyard.
She is my big, bald, different from all the others tree and I seriously love her so.

My second favorite tree is on my walking trail.
She's a beauty of a giant, an old timer.
She sits amongst a canopy of trees in my very favorite portion of the park.

I have walked that trail countless times
& every single time I've stepped under the shelter of those trees, THAT tree, I have felt a wonderful sense of calm.
As if she knew what I was thinking, she'd whisper ...
It's ok.
You're ok.
All is ok.

ahhhhh.
Peace.

My second favorite tree in all the land was cut down yesterday.
The Powers that Be Park People decided she and some other beautiful giants must go.
But, I think they had no choice.
The dreaded Emerald Ash Borer has taken an ugly toll.
My awesome canopy of trees were sick, dying

& I know newbies will be planted.
They will grow.
They will thrive
& I will love them as much as I love the oldies.
But right now, today ?
I feel like I've lost a very dear friend.

It's just a tree.
Yeah, I suppose you can look at it that way.
But, I know firsthand the healing power of those trees.
That sunrise.
Those clouds
& believe me when I say, it's some incredibly powerful stuff.

Obsessed ?
You better believe I am.
Forever.

 :)

I Am My Feelings








 







No comments:

Post a Comment