xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Hello Dolly

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Hello Dolly

When it comes to moving things from Point A to Point B I have no problem offering my help.
Something BIG ?
No worries.
Something little ?
Ok
Lots and lots or not too much ?
Doesn't matter.
Let's get er done, baby !
Get. er. DONE.

My way of doing things has always been 'just do it'.
We will use our arm power, our leg power, our WILL POWER.
I don't care how heavy or oddball sized it is ...
Let's just pick the darn thing up and carry it out.
We can maneuver, shimmy, wiggle or waddle it but we are moving this son of a gun whether it wants to be moved or not.

Move it or lose it people.
Because when we move it. Move it. Move it ...
Boom.
We are done.

YaY

Throughout these many moves, there has been a constant and continuous pesty little voice buzzing around my ears.
"Why don't we use the dolly ?"
"It'll be easier with a dolly "
It's Husband
& his oh so precious dolly.
Dolly Dolly Dolly
Use the dolly.

I googled dolly this morning.
I wanted to make sure I was spelling her name right and you know what Google told me ?

dolly - a low truck or cart with small wheels for moving loads too heavy to be carried by hand

Thanks a lot, Google.
You're proving his point.

My problem with dolly is simple.
By the time you move big object onto her small cart, equalize and balance it and s l o w l y crawl to your destination with it ...
snore.
I could have had ten different items packed already.
We are moving man, so let's moooooooove !

So anyways, this has been the battle over many, many years.
To dolly or not to dolly ?
Husband prefers.
I prefer not.

Then along comes yesterday.
We have a tv that has been sitting around collecting nothing but dust
& since we are into purging our stuff these days ... Husband and I decided dinosaur tv must go.
But it's BIG
& if memory serves me, that beast hurt my back and put me in my recliner for a few days the last time we met.
soooo.
I relented.
Come on in dolly, we will do it Husband's way.

ummmm.
Yeah.
That was easy
& it seems I may have underestimated dolly all these years.
oops.

Oh Well.
Helloooooo dolly.
You're looking swell, dolly
& btw ...
Where have you been all my life ?

:)

 I Am My Feelings








 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment