xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Keep Doing

Monday, January 26, 2015

Keep Doing

I've been writing these words of mine for a long time now.
What started in high school with cheesy love poems, advanced to "One More Chance' in my early twenties.

Then, life got busy.
I tucked my notebook of words in a safe place, to wait for the idle days.
But, that voice in my head that would continually urged me to 'Keep Doing' kept whispering, "Keep Doing".

Somewhere in 1999, I wrote my first story, "Smile"
& through the years, other stories and poems trickled out.

Along with my words though, came the rejections.
Lots of rejections.

Time after time, I would send stories to book publishers, confident that THIS time I would be published.
Sometimes, I would receive a very cold, informal "thanks but, no thanks" form letter.
Other times, I'd receive a kind, personalized note, informing me my stories were good, just not the right fit for that particular publisher.

I guess some would say a rejection is still a rejection no matter how kind
& honestly, at first, I thought the same way.
But, after awhile, those rejections fueled me.
And, like the steady pounding of a drum, the voice in my head kept repeating, "Keep Doing".
So, I continued.

All along, I knew in my heart there was someone, somewhere, that would feel about my words the way I feel about my words.
& I was right.
I call you my "Loyals".
You fuel me now.

& so, finally
after a very long road of rejections, not quitting and constantly being propped up by my very loyal Loyals,  I am proud to announce, I have reached an awesome milestone.

I am officially a self published ebook author.

I have taken my stories: Smile, Teardrop, Nicey, Shy, Bubbles, Love, Collin & the Big, Bald Tree
and compiled them into an ebook titled "I Am My Feelings".
I am published through Smashwords.com.
and
I have an audiobook of the same name, due out soon.

This may sound a bit self centered  but, I am so proud of me.
You know why ?
Because I kept going.
There were plenty and I mean PLENTY of times, that I could have, should have, really, really wanted to quit.
But, there was always someone, something, some sign pushing me along.
& my lovely voice that kept on singing, "Keep Doing".

To everyone who took the time to offer me even the smallest bit of encouragement, I offer you my heartfelt thanks.
I would absolutely not be here without you.

& to those who think big dreams are just not possible.
I want you to know they are very, very possible.
The secret is in the 'Keep Doing'.

:)

I Am My Feelings


No comments:

Post a Comment