xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: My Something

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My Something

As a child, I used to sit in church and wonder what the heck I was doing there.

Sure, I knew all the prayers and church routines.
I recited and practiced them daily.
But, it just never felt 'right' to me.
I always felt like I was missing something.

I can remember sitting in church thinking, wondering ...
Where's Jesus ?
Shouldn't He be here ?
Somewhere ?
But, I just could not find Him there.

Through my teens, twenties and thirties I faithfully continued going to church.
& through it all, I kept waiting and hoping for that 'something' to arrive.

Well ...
That something I was searching for did arrive one day.
& hit me like a ton of bricks.
But, I wasn't in church.

My something was right there.

RIGHT. THERE.

Right where it had been all along.

I finally woke up.
I finally took notice of my something.
& once I noticed, I was changed.

I sometimes feel guilty that I stopped going to church regularly.
Then I think, why ?!?

My 'church' is Everywhere.
It's on my walks.
It's in my room.
It's with my family.
It's in a song.
It's every sunrise and sunset ...

It's Everything.
It's Everybody.

Once I discovered that little secret I have looked at life with a new set of eyeballs.
& I gotta tell you ...

It's wonderful.

:)










No comments:

Post a Comment