xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: First

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

First

I remember the day well.
It was Good Friday.
37 years ago today.

Mom, Dad and a few of the siblings were headed to New York for Easter
& while the cats were away, the mice were going to play.

Party at Jacki's.
The parents are gone.
woooo wooooo.

My older sister happened to be very pregnant at the time.
Very.
But, nobody seemed too stop everything ! anxious about this baby's any moment now arrival.

Mom and Dad had a plan.
Quick run to enjoy Easter with the family, pack up Gramma and bring her to meet her newest great grandchild.

I had a plan.
Party.

I'm not quite sure what my sister and bro in law's plans were that day.
Maybe they were coming to my awesome party.

But, Baby Boy had a plan too.
He decided to be born on that Good Friday afternoon.

.............
& this is the part of the story where I say WHAT in the WORLD were we THINKING ??

But, before I continue ..
I feel I must add this fyi.
Back in the day, the only people allowed in the hospital room with Baby and Mama were Husband and Grandparents.
Auntie, aka Godmother, was not on the VIP list.

So there.
At least I have that little smidge of an excuse to hang my hat on.
............

Mom waited until her daughter and grandson were in the recovery room
& she insisted on speaking to this brand new mama to hear for herself that all was fine.
But, there was no hospital visit that day.
The New York plans were already in motion, so off they drove to pick up Gramma.

Wait.
There's more.

My party plans were in high gear at that point.
There was no stopping us now.

So, yep
We partied.
Fun times were had by all that Good Friday night.

Brand New Papa even came by after the hospital to have some congratulatory brews
& somewhere in the glee we decided to call my very tired, overwhelmed sister to inform her of all the fun we were having ...

Years later Sister told me, after she hung up the phone that night, she cried.
She cried !

You know what they say about hindsight and 20/20 vision ....?....

Yeah.
Oh Yeah.
I'm still kicking myself for this one.

!! Ouch !!

Sister and I laugh about it now
& for years we teased Mom that she left town when her first grandchild was born.
Mom would say times were different back then so hush ....!...
So hush we did.
Until the next teasing time.

& yes.
Times were different back then.
Very different.
But, to this day, I'm still trying to figure out how I could abandon my sister, my Godchild AND have a party on Good Friday.

GOOD. FRIDAY.

I know. I know.

!! Ouch !!


:)

I Am My Feelings






No comments:

Post a Comment