xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Featured Creature

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Featured Creature

Back in my growing up days, there was a tv show called 'Creature Feature'.
It was on every Saturday night.
10:30 p.m. 

Dracula, Werewolf, the Mummy, Frankenstein.
Yeah,
Those guys.
In good ol black and white.

EEK.

If my brothers, sisters and I were well behaved, we were allowed to stay up and watch that 'late night' show
& if we were really, really well behaved, we would get a glass of pop and Okedoke Cheese Popcorn.

Oooooo, how I loved Okedoke Cheese Popcorn.
I still do.
I love those cheesy, popped just right kernels so much I don't want them anywhere around me.
I must keep them away.
Far, far away.
Because I will eat them.
All of them.

oy.

So.
There we were.
Brothers, sisters and I.
Hunkered down and ready to watch 'Creature Feature'.
Cheese popcorn.
Glass of pop.
Blankets and pillows.

! ! Fun ! !

And then ...
The show would start.

I'm pretty sure I never made it past the first ten minutes.
Ever.
Those creatures scared the ba-gee-gees out of me !
& don't tell my siblings but, I would pretend I was asleep just so I wouldn't have to watch.
It was THAT traumatizing.
I know I missed a lot of cheese popcorn time but, I didn't care.

YIKES

The Wolf Man was the worst.
If I knew he was going to be the creature featured, I'd be especially tired.
That transformation from man to beast is still stuck in my head.
It was a nightmare waiting to happen, so I faked sleep instead.

zzzzzzz.

Every Sunday morning I would be told what an awesome movie I missed
& my younger brother would often comment that I could never stay awake.
Yep.
I know. I know. I would reply.
I was just sooooo darn tired.
Rats.

I think he knew of my deep, dark, cowardly secret.
But, silence = more Okedoke in his belly.
Lots more.

yum

Nowadays, if I happen to catch one of those old black and whites on the tv, I just laugh.
hahahahahahaha.
What in the world was I so frightened about ?!?
Creature Features ?!?
C'mon.
Really ??
It wasn't scary at all.

uh

never mind.

Yes, it was.
Yes, it is.

Especially that wolf man.

Maaaaaaaaaaa
 ! ! ! ! ! ! !

:)

I Am My Feelings


No comments:

Post a Comment