xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: High Hopes

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

High Hopes

Every. Week.

Every week, I knock them down and every week they build themselves up
& I feel bad yet, I am truly amazed.

They are ants
& their village sits in my backyard behind my big, bald tree.
I never would have noticed them, their hideaway is camouflaged well but, I did because I love cutting the grass and when my mind is zeroed in on my music and my lawnmower, I am surprisingly very observant
& yep, I see, I saw.

So there I am every week, clobbering their masterpiece
& there they are, every week, all built back up again
& again
& again

Don't ask me why because I do not know but that just absolutely Blows. My. Mind.
They're ants.
Teeny, tiny, pesty, coordinated, ants.
Minding their business, doing their thing
& being walloped by this monster machine every seven days yet, picking themselves up and starting from scratch, every single time.

Teamwork.
Organization.
Determination.
Try. Try. Try.
Do. Do. Do. 

It's really rather remarkable when you take the time to think about it, fellow human beings.
ANTS.

Thanks, Mother Nature.
Your lesson is learned
& uh, sorry, little fellas ... but yeah,
I'll see you soon.

:)

I Am My Feelings












 

No comments:

Post a Comment