xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: I'll Be The

Monday, November 14, 2016

I'll Be The

Roundabout.

I googled it.

I needed to know who invented these merry-go-round, traffic thingies that seem to be taking over the world
& Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, told me ...

"A roundabout is a type of circular intersection or junction in which road traffic flows almost continuously in one direction around a central island.[1] The modern form was standardised in the United Kingdom.
So-called "modern" roundabouts require entering traffic to give way to traffic already in the circle and optimally observe various design rules to increase safety. Variations on the basic concept include integration with tram and/or train lines, two-way flow, higher speeds and many others.
Traffic exiting the roundabout comes from one direction, rather than three, simplifying the pedestrian's visual environment. Traffic moves slowly enough to allow visual engagement with pedestrians, encouraging deference towards them. Other benefits include reduced driver confusion associated with perpendicular junctions and reduced queuing associated with traffic lights. They allow U-turns within the normal flow of traffic, which often are not possible at other forms of junction. Moreover, since vehicles on average spend less time idling at roundabouts than at signalled intersections, using a roundabout potentially leads to less pollution.[2] Also, when entering vehicles only need to give way, they do not always perform a full stop. As a result, by keeping a part of their momentum, the engine will produce less work to regain the initial speed, resulting in lower emissions. Additionally, slow moving traffic in roundabouts makes less noise than traffic that must stop and start, speed up and brake.[3] The single greatest benefit of roundabouts is that they eliminate perpendicular/T-bone crashes.[4]"

Um.
Yeah.
I still don't know who invented them but, this wordy explanation proves my point.

Roundabouts confuse my brain.
BIG. BIG. TIME.
I just don't understand them.
At all.

You know that slow, hesitant person you see approaching a roundabout ?
The one you cuss and curse and carry on about ?
The 'do I go or do I wait ? What do I do ? WHAT DO I DO ????' person ?

errrr.
That's me.

I'll eventually enter that dreaded spiral.
I just have to think about it for awhile
when I do get the courage to jump in ?
ummmm
I'm not all that sure how to get out.

Round and round and round she goes.
Where she stops, no one knows.

help

Truth be told ?
I have a secret fear that one day I am going to get sucked into the vortex.
It's going to happen, I just know it.
So, if I ever go missing ?
Please make sure to search those circular circles first.

thanks.

Oh Roundabout Inventor.
I'm sure you are a very brilliant human being.
Your idea is time efficient, energy saving, earth friendly and pretty cool.
Roundabouts helps millions in their daily trek.
& I'm sure they make perfect sense to all those happy brains.
But my brain ?

oh, my brain.

Muddled.
Befuddled.

No worries though.
I have devised a brilliant plan that excites me to no end.
YaY.

I will simply avoid all roundabouts from now until forever
& ever
& ever
& ever.

See ?
Problem solved.

oy.

:)

I Am My Feelings




 

No comments:

Post a Comment