xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Released

Friday, November 4, 2016

Released

I hope you don't mind another word rerun today.
I have been traveling and grandson glee-ing and World Series watching and Chicago Cubs celebrating and Eastern Time Zone living for a few weeks now
& by golly, I'm tired.
This brain of mine has temporarily gone dry so I offer this redo instead
& I'm trusting you will enjoy.

Again.

--------------------

I boycotted Major League Baseball from 1994 - 2013.
& at the risk of getting me all revved up, I shall try to calmly explain my reasoning.

Long story short.
"They" canceled the 1994 World Series.

CANCELED. THE. WORLD. SERIES.

How dare they.
HOW. DARE. THEY.

Ooooooo I was mad.
And I mean MAD.
& I stewed in that mad for 19 long years.

Growing up and well into adulthood, I loved the game of baseball.
I loved that game like I loved no other.
Baseball owned my heart since I was 9 years old.
Owned it.
It was everything to me.
& then the World Series was canceled.

I felt like "they" ripped my heart out, threw it to the ground and squished it to bits and pieces.
Oh, the pain of it all.
The real, gut wrenching, how could they do this to me pain of it all.
So, I shut down.
Total and complete.
I slammed that door and promised myself I would never, EVER go back.

HUMPH.

In the beginning, it was hard and I teetered.
Cal Ripkin. September,1995 almost brought me back.
I admit to watching and getting teary eyed when he broke Lou Gehrig's record.
But, I soon snapped out of my sentimental-ness because I preferred to hunker in madness.

grrrrr.

Then along came Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire in 1998
& while all of America was singing "YaY ! for them !" I kept thinking CHEATERS.
Don't EVEN get me started on the baseball / steroids era.

Reinvigorated anger.
YIKES.

Ryne Sandberg's Hall of Fame speech in 2005 ?
I wept
& I think the ol heart was softening up a bit at that point.

Fast forward to April, 2013.
My dad, sister and bro in law were going to a Cubs game.
Would I like to join their fun ?
My first impulse was NO !! but, I think Sis and Bro knew I was swaying.
They worked that knowledge.
They worked it good.
I softly replied "yes".

Like Forrest Gump when he decided he was finished with running after all those miles, I decided to end my boycott.
No reason.
I was just done being mad.

I went to that Chicago Cubs game and enjoyed every minute
& I cannot tell you how relieved I was and still am that I set that boycott free !
It anchored me down for 19 flippin years.
19 YEARS.
When I think of all the fun I missed I could kick myself from here to tomorrow.
gaaaaa !

Anyways ...
Football lives in my heart now.
It took over baseball's spot a very long time ago.
BEARS. BABY.
But, it sure is nice sipping a cold one at Wrigley Field on a hot Summer day.
YaY

& my reason for telling this tale on such a fine Friday morning ?
Because I am released.
RE - LEASED.

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

The day I decided to let go of the anger changed me forever
& so, I offer these simple words of wisdom.

If you happen to have a grudge, a grump,  a HUMPH, a stew about this or that, a WHATEVER.
Set it free.
SET. IT. FREE ! ! !
You will be amazed at what happens once you let go of that negative energy.
Happy. Happy and Happy.

Guaranteed.

--------------------


The Chicago Cubs just won the World Series after a drought of 108 years
& the beauty attached to that fact is simply beyond words.

Yep.
It is Happy Happy and Happy.

Guaranteed.

:)

I Am My Feelings








No comments:

Post a Comment