xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: A Happy Day

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

A Happy Day

Not too long ago, Sisters and Daughter dragged me out of my 'But I Don't Want To' ! and into a Girl's Day Shopping Spree.

Yeah, I know.
Shopping ?
Me ?

But, it was fun
& I mean real FUN because it was more about us and togetherness and all that good kinda stuff.

So, YaY.

As we were out and about I took notice, as I often do, of people and actions and randomness 
& this morning, there are a few certain someones from that outing still lolling around in my head.

There was this girl, mid-teen-ish, standing there, lost somewhere inside of her bored adolescent thoughts
& at a glance, one could say she defined snarky.
Snark - Y.
Her eyes paused on us as we giggled on by her and her space
& she took the time to offer a professional once over.
When she spotted me and my casual, I wear what I love to wear jeans and tennies gear ?
oh pshaw
Thumbs down, big time
ugh
But, I smiled.
She smiled back

& a feeling of kind was shared.

Then there was this older guy.
um, well,
Truth be told ?
We were probably the same or very close to the same, exact age.
yikes
He looked aged and irritated and grumpy
Until.
He smiled.
A nice, bright, genuine, returning my smile, smile

& a feeling of happy was shared.

Finally, that bundled up toddler.
Rosy cheeks.
Hello Kitty mittens and hat.
Hanging onto her daddy, staring at Sisters, Daughter and I like we were visitors from another planet
& suddenly, ever so shyly
A smile.
A melted heart

& ahhhhhh
A feeling of beauty was shared.

Smiles.
My oh my my my how I adore smiles !
Simple, simple smiles.

Feel free to share yours.
Any time.
Any day.
Anywhere.

Even while shopping.

:)

I Am My Feelings







 




No comments:

Post a Comment