xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Heartbeats

Monday, December 26, 2016

Heartbeats

Dad and I were talking once about life and death and Heaven and such
& what he told me that day has remained in my head.
I think it is beautiful
& today, I'd like to share.

Dad believes when we are born, we are each given a number.
A heartbeat number.

Some people get a high count.
Many get the average.
Some get only a few.

We don't know our number.
We can't control it.
But it's a gift, so please, be thankful.  

Barry Manilow
yes. yes.
Barry again.
has a song called, 'We Live on Borrowed Time' and it too is a lovely way of looking at life

" no one can be sure when the loan will finally come due "

oh Barry.
I'm singing your song again because it is so darn perfect
& so very true.

We don't know our heartbeat number.
We don't know when our loan will finally come due.

We ! Don't ! Know !

& isn't that just so incredibly wonderful ??

We don't know.

It's such a positive way of seeing, of living.

We. Don't. Know.

Hey.
Maybe it's time to realize.
Maybe it's time to treasure.
Maybe it's time to enjoy every single one of those precious, priceless beat ... beat ... beats.

:)


I Am My Feelings



No comments:

Post a Comment