xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: My Random Friend

Saturday, December 3, 2016

My Random Friend

I met a new friend the other day
& as I sit here huddled up with my always delightful cup of coffee, I silently giggle.

hee hee

Life.
Oh, Life.
You and your randomness continually amaze me.

I've seen him a time or two on my walking trail.
He strolling one way, me the other
& I kinda, sorta figured he was a Nicey, his broad grin being a sure giveaway.
But.
You know me, I'll smile, say Hello and go about my biz because it's alllll about solitude on those walks of mine.

Trees.
Clouds.
Music.
An occasional critter
& ahhhhhh.

HEAVEN.

So there I was, doing my thing
& I had come to the fork in the road part of my path.
Should I go left or right ?
My mystery question of the day.
ummm.
I think I'll go left

& that's where I spotted him, all bundled up and happy
But this time as we crossed paths, he paused.

"You mind if I ask you something?"

"Uhhhhh. Hang on" I replied, as I removed the tunes from my ears

& so,
our conversation began.

He's a talker !
But that's ok because I'm a listener
& what started out as polite has turned into something I don't quite understand.
Yet.

He wondered if I would mind sharing a walk with him every once in awhile.
Not too many people in the park these days, it being the beginning of the cold and dreary season but, he could tell and I could tell.
We are both locked into the long haul.
So for some completely spontaneous, strange reason, I said, "ok".

Sure enough, the next day arrived, there we were.
Two individuals, strangers.
Side by side, walking that walk.
Sharing thoughts, words.

United States Marine Corps.
Vietnam vet
School teacher
Coach
Personal troubles and conquers.
The man has quite a story to tell

&
WoW.

It was random.
I veered left instead of right.
I unplugged my ears.
I took a chance on a person because something inside of me urged me to care.

Will we see each other again ?
Maybe.
Possibly.
Or, maybe not.
Who knows ?
But I opened up.
I took the time
& I discovered a fascinating human being in the process of it all.

Yep.
Sometimes you just have to go with your gut, with that voice in your head, with that 'sure, why not?'

Thank You, Life.
Another beautiful lesson, learned.

:)

I Am My Feelings






 








No comments:

Post a Comment