xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Dear Saint Anthony

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Dear Saint Anthony

Please come down.
Something is lost and can't be found.

My Auntie Virginia confidently spoke those words to me once.
Something was lost and Aunt Virge knew Saint Anthony not just could but, WOULD find it.
All I had to do was ask.
So, I asked.
& by golly, he found it.

I've used those wonderful words ever since.
Something's lost ?
No problem.
Saint Anthony's got this.
He'll find it.

My favorite Saint Anthony retrieve ?
Oh, that's easy.
My cornicello ! aka, 'little horn'.
It's a tiny trinket I wear on my necklace of many trinkets.
My little horn protects me from the evil eye.
At least that's what my Sicilian Polish Mom always said. 
I've had my powerful, petite evil eye protector since I was in high school
& yes,
I know.
That IS a long time.

One evening, as I was taking my necklace off, I realized my Italian horn was not amongst my other medals.
I've been known to take an occasional roll call just to make sure everybody is there.
I don't remember why I knew but, I knew I had dropped my little cornicello in the driveway.
I felt certain I would find her in the morning.

Next day, bright and early, I went outside to look for my tiny friend but, she was nowhere to be found.
I looked and looked and looked some more.
Nope.

Ok.
Don't panic ...
Don't. Panic.

I panicked.
It was time to call the big guy.

Oh Saint Anthony !!
I need Youuuuuuuuuuu !
Hurry ! Hurry ! Hurry ! Please....!

I said that Saint Anthony prayer over and over and over again
& I still could not find my precious medal.
I knew Saint Anthony would find her though.
It might take him awhile but, no worries.

So life continued.
Autumn turned into Winter.
Winter to Spring.

I would think about my cornicello quite often and remind Saint Anthony to please, pleaseeeeee keep looking.
He heard me.

One Spring day as I was walking out to my mailbox something sparkly caught my eye.
Yep.
There sat my Italian medal shining in the sun.
She was right where I had dropped her.
Sitting in the spot I had searched a thousand times.
I squealed.
I danced.
It was a very happy reunion.

To this day I am amazed.
That little medal rested in my driveway from Autumn to Spring.
That's a lot of rain, snow, shoveling and wind.
She sat there and waited patiently for me to find her again.
And I did.
YaY.
I did.

So.
What's the point of my lovely lost and found story ?
This story that I've told many times, this story which you are pretty darn certain you have heard before ...?

Because, recently, I lost my treasured horn AGAIN.
I KNOW !!
What are the chances ??!?
& this time, I truly had no idea where in the world she could be ...

In my house ?
In the driveway ?
The parking lot ?
The hair salon ?
I had been a couple different places that day
&
No no no no nooooooooooo.
Where oh WHERE could she be ?????

So I said.
Dear Saint Anthony, PLEASE come down.
Something is lost and can't be found.

waaaaaaaaa
I NEED YOU !!!

It took ten days but, you are not going to believe where I found that priceless cornicello of mine.
Underneath my office chair.
Yep.
The chair I sit upon every single morning in the room I am in and out of a zillion times a week.
It was as if Saint Anthony gently placed her there himself
& truth be told, I'm kinda thinking he did.

There.
Right under my chair.
Boom.

He did it again
& I KNEW he would find her.
Some how, some way, some day I KNEW he would.

So, yeah.
I'm a fan ! a BIG FAN of the man they call Anthony.
He's never fails
& he continually reminds me that no matter what it is I am looking for,
if I feel it,
if I know it's out there.
Just. Keep. Searching.
Never, ever. EVER give up hope
&
always, always, and I do mean ALWAYS call my buddy, Tony.
He'll  find it.

Oh Yes He Will.

weeeeeeeee !!

:)

I Am My Feelings



No comments:

Post a Comment