xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Wait

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Wait

It's 4:44 a.m.
& normally, I'd be slow and steadily tap, tap, tapping these words on my laptop.
But this morning, the power is out so the internet and my sharing will have to wait.
My Barry Manilow notebook will receive my thoughts instead.

YaY

The wind has been howling, the rain constant, all night long.
Mother Nature and all her forceful awesomeness is putting on quite the show
& it's dark
& weird, no appliance noises, quiet.

I can see my big, bald tree though.
Her branches are swaying to the rhythm of those gusts
& it doesn't seem to be bothering her at all.
She has a BRING. IT. swag about her.
A 'been here a long time, seen it all, nothing surprises me' confidence
& the pond size puddles that evaporated away ?
They're backkkkkk and have taken over the yard, once again.

But.
We all know what they say about April showers ...

& oops.
The thought occurs to me that I could, in fact, power up my laptop or my phone
errrr, eh
I don't want to kill my batteries
& you know what ?
I'm kinda enjoying just staring out this window. 

Listening.
Watching.

No birds chirping.
No random electrical sounds.
Just the moaning of the wind, the pattering of the rain.
Yep.
It's pretty cool stuff, Mother Nature

& so, I'll wait for the light that will eventually be.
Because the sun will be rising no matter what this storm says
& even though I may not see her, she's there.
Oh, she is very there.
That light and wonderful bright will always, ALWAYS be there.

Thanks for another life lesson, Mother Nature
& you too Barry Manilow notebook.

:)

I Am My Feelings



No comments:

Post a Comment