xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Of Thee I Sing

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Of Thee I Sing

Well, weee.
I don't know about you but, dang, I sure had fun !

Family, friends, festivals and fireworks.
Parades and parks and sunshine and glee.
You gotta admit, life seriously does not get much better than that !

& yeah, it's a Wednesday that feels like a Monday
& uh huh, I'm awfully tired too
& no, I don't want to get back to  my "normal" just yet
nope
not yet

So, wait.
Before we pick up the pieces of America's awesome birthday bash and step into the grind of our every day,
I need to ask just one, little bitty, teeny tiny, favor.

Remember.

Remember it, remember this
&
while you're at it, bottle it up.
Pass it around.

That pride, the joy.
That I'm so darn enthusiastic to be an American revelry.
The red white and blue burst of happy.
That life is sweet and I'm so darn fortunate.

Yeah.
That.

Can we all hang onto THAT, please ?
please.

Because the noise machine will be revving up again
& those ugly chatter gurus will turn it on and persist.
They will pester, they will insist, we are a nation divided
& we're really not supposed to like each other
& see the guy over there ?!?
He's your enemy
so don't you dare be decent
or kind
or nice.

ugh.

UGH.

Please, let's please !!  hold on and remember every single one of the one for all, all for one moments.
The God Bless America
&
oh beautiful for spacious skies
&
my country 'tis of thee
and and and
THAT

Cause you love this land
& I love this land
& the guy down the street and the gal on the train truly love this land too
&
you know you felt it and I know I feel it.
That love of country.
That precious proud.

!! America !!

Yeah.

AMERICA.

Let's remember.
Let's try.
Let's do, let's please, let's BE a little bit more of THAT. 

:)


I Am My Feelings










No comments:

Post a Comment