xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Halfway There

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Halfway There

Hello July 1st
& thank you for the wallop of a head's up.
Yes, YES ! I am very much aware that you are the halfway point of the year, so please,
don't flaunt.

One. Half.

oy

OY

So.
As a reminder to me, I am replaying the big ol promise that was made wayyyyy back in brand new, January
& for those who happen to be keeping score,
!! SURPRISE !!
although I have slacked off a time or three,
I'm still in.

The question is ...
Are You ??

c'mon

--------------------

There we were, sitting around the front room Christmas night, our bellies happily filled to the rim
with me, personally, just finishing up my fair share of Lazy Pierogi.

Ooooooh, Lazy Pierogi.

That infamous recipe calls for one pound of butter.
ONE POUND of BUTTER
& yet, it's a family favorite !! I say each year.
I'll make it.
Because, you know, the holidays just wouldn't seem right without Lazy Pierogi.

uh huh.

"This has got to STOP" one of my overstuffed people suggested
& yes, we all agreed.

THIS has got to stop

& somewhere in that simple, ashamed of ourselves and our endless cookie consumption conversation, an idea emerged.

A Challenge.
A New Year, New Me, we can sooooo do this together Challenge.

YaY

Starting on January 2, 2017 our lives CAN change !! we declared.

Five days per week.
30 pushups
100 sit-ups
To be completed in intervals or at once, it's up to the participant
&
ok
Crunches, leg lifts or squats can be substituted for sit-ups
& yes, you can mix it up however you choose.
Yep.
"wall' pushups are perfectly legit.

hmmmm.

We all sat there and pondered.

hmmmm.

"It will be a piece of CAKE !", I exclaimed.
Easy as can beeeeesy.

Five days out of a seven day week ?
Surely, we can handle that !
& intervals ?
There's 24 hours in a day, my peeps !!
C'MON !!

& so, it began.
If you want in, come on in we decided.
If not, that's entirely up to you and your biz
& what started with the privy who happened to be in my house that night has expanded across the states to the whole family.

The Challenge is ON, baby.

& welp.
Today begins Day 3, for me.
I chose to start my quest on the first of the year because I had not partied it up on the eve
& because the Lazy Pierogi I inhaled on Christmas found a nice, cozy place to hunker on my hips.

eek.

So.
Day 3
& every muscle I own hurts.
My stomach, my arms, my legs ...
Yep.
Every single everybody is in on the BIG OUCH.

But, I LOVE IT
& not only because it's the healthy thing to do
I love it because the family and I are in this together.
We all hurt
& we really, REALLY would much rather not be a part of this silly challenge !!
Who's idea was this anyways !??!

grrrrrr.

But ...
we will.
We will because the others are doing it
Because the support is there, the bragging is there.
The high fives and laughs and the NO MORE LAZY P !! is there

& not one of us really cares if the other actually does 500 sit-ups per week.
We've committed to the doing
& that's really all that matters.

So yeah.
Excuse me, now, as I slowly, carefully, ever so easily shuffle this aching body of mine to my morning cup of coffee.

YOUCH.
I'm sore.

But, as long as they remain 'IN', I shall remain 'IN'
Because I love my family, I encourage my family
& I'll be darned if I'm going to be the only one who DIDN'T next Christmas night.
I'll never, ever hear the end of it from the ones that DID.

C'mon.

:)

I Am My Feelings








No comments:

Post a Comment