xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Dear America

Monday, September 25, 2017

Dear America

The Chicago Bears won their first game of the season yesterday and that means I should be Pretty. Darn. Happy. right about now 
but, truth be told ?
I'm not.
No, this morning I'm feeling an unusual, hangover-ish, gloom.
I am sad, America.
For YOU.
For Us.

Seems we are forever taking sides these days, continually setting up camps
& mad,
we are ALWAYS mad.
About this.
About that
& don't forget this and that and that and this too !!
 
Oh, we will take a unified break every once in awhile, on your birthday or Christmas or every time disaster strikes but, most days, America ? it seems our very core is anger
& I really can't figure out WHY ??
& HOW can we alllll be right and alllll be wrong if WE refuse to find that simple, common ground ?

& those talking heads !!
that infinite noise machine insists on reminding me each and every day to watch my moves
& be forever afraid.
You see THAT GUY over there ?
Yeah. Don't you dare trust him cause he's BAD
& that gal ?
Better not trust HER because she looks sketchy and different
and and and and and

It makes my head spin
& it hurts my heart, America
Because YOU deserve better,
so much better

& yes,
you do offer us that awesome opportunity to express our unique points of view
& we can pretty much say and do whatever we choose but, when and where did we become so self righteous, divided, condescending and ugly ?

Oh America.
I'm so sorry we've hurt you.
But, you have my heartfelt promise, from this day on, I will do my part.

I will represent and respect.
I will spread your love and graciousness, your kindness and understanding.
I will BE what you intended
& I will try.
You have my word that I will TRY.

Thank you for your patience with we, YOUR people, America.
Please don't give up on us as we all truly do love you so.

Sincerely,

Me

p.s.
Bears. Baby.

:)

I Am My Feelings






.
  











No comments:

Post a Comment