xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Like That

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Like That

I remember the very first time I heard 'I Made It Through The Rain', which, if I haven't told you a zillion times already, is my absolutely favorite Barry Manilow song ever.
EVER.
I swear, it's as if the man wrote those words specifically for me and the moment I was in.

'here you go Jacki, feel better'

& to this day, that tune is the one I turn to when I need the strength and encouragement it offers.

So, YaY
Thanks, Barry.

It's no secret.
I'm kinda, sorta addicted to sappy, syrupy, ooey, gooey, inspirational, motivational, Oh. Yes. I. Can. type music
& I could spend a good part of today, sharing the melodies I think everyone should hear
'cause believe me, I have many.

But, a song like 'I Made It Through The Rain' ?
One that hits right smack dab in the feelz LIKE THAT ??
Oh, those are few
and very far between
because to tug at my heartstrings is one thing, to embrace my soul is an entirely different other.

"Move You" by Kelly Clarkson.
Thanks to a certain someone who understands my brain, I have been introduced to this amazing, THAT'S what I'm talking about !! song
& if you haven't yet listened, do.
It's beautiful.
It's powerful
& it will help me help you realize why I do what I do.

I write
& I love to write.
Always have, always will.
But, there is something bigger that lives inside of me
& it's so very hard to explain.
This song is the closest I've come to my reason
& when you hear, you'll know. 

It's THAT.
Exactly, THAT.
& that !! is what I'm working towards.

To find the perfect combination of just right words.
Words that help.
Words that heal.
Words that touch and improve and appreciate and deliver.
Words you believe were written specifically for you and your moment.
Words that continue beyond my lifetime

& so, I keep doing.
& nope.
I ain't ever gonna stop
&
weeeeeee !!
I am soooooooo very grateful for alllllll the poets
and artists
and lyricists
and singers
and songwriters
and authors
and writers
and storytellers
and bloggers
and Barry Manilow-s
and Kelly Clarkson-s
and you wonderful certain someones who understand my brain.

Always keep doing what you do too, please.

:)

I Am My Feelings






No comments:

Post a Comment