xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Home

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Home

The question was "WHY ?!?"
Spoken with astonished wonder by a man who once resided in my town.

Why do you continue to live there ? 
Why would you want to stay in that place when you could live happily forever in warmth and sunshine ?!?
Why ?
WHY ?
WHY ?????

My answer ?
Because it's home
& I love this spot on the map that I call Home.

Yes, it's true.
There is a season called Winter here
& it does get pretty darn cold
& yep, the white stuff that falls from the clouds can be mighty frustrating.
But, cold and slippery cannot hide Winter's pretty
& Winter, to me at least, is an awesomely beautiful season.

Ahhhh Seasons.
The changing of the seasons.
That's why I stay.
Spring to Summer to Autumn to Winter.
I love them all.

Then there's the fact that I was born and raised here
& I like it.
I like the people.
The places.
The this and the thats.
I like everything about this not so little, little town.
It's cozy and happy and just plain nice.
I'm guessing that's why I stay too

& family.
My family has lived in these parts for as long as I have lived on Earth.
Dad and Big Bro continue to hunker down in the very best house ever built.
My childhood is encased within those walls
& although a bunch of our clan now live here, there and everywhere, sooner or later they all come back to rediscover the joy.

Ahhhh, Home.

Yep.
I stay
& I'll continue to stay.
I'll do vacations and jaunts and happy little visits to the land of other places and I will blissfully enjoy all my minutes there but, I'll always, ALWAYS come back to here.
Because here is home
& there really, truly, absolutely is no place like home.

Home. Sweet. Home.

:)

I Am My Feelings





No comments:

Post a Comment