xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: 'twas Lovely

Monday, November 20, 2017

'twas Lovely

So.
Yeah.

I'm sitting here in the early morning hours, riding on the very edge of bummer.
Those Chicago Bears lost again yesterday
& nothing personal but, we all know where my heart and brain would rather be right now.

waaaa

& I could soooooo easily go there and wallow for a while but, nope.
Nope.
Not this time.
Why ?
Because my yesterday was jam packed with such an incredible amount of lovely that I'm finding it near impossible to ignore.
I must acknowledge.

! ! ! ! !

Like the absolute craziness of hunkering down for a freezing cold tailgate.
I'm telling you, there's no other feeling like it.
Hoping the ten layers of bundle will be enough to withstand the hours outside
& if not ?
Here's another blanket, just in case.

Grills blazing.
Music blaring.
Smiles and friendliness & many the merriment flowing.
The camaraderie that surrounds a pregame is enough to get the blood pumping and that heart warmed in no time.

Happiness.
It's happiness.

& then, there's the game.
Our National Anthem sung by a most beautiful voice.
Our United States of America flag draped across the field by happy volunteers.
The intros, the fireworks.
The high fives and We've Got This !!! feeling.
& golly !! how I love that third quarter, standing ovation, thundering applause recognition for our proud to be an American Service Member.
This is US at our finest, folks !

The ' hang on, we'll get them next time' sincere glance from that nice greeter lady who stands near the steps.
The walking back to the car explaining of why I shouldn't jump off the Bears Bus conversation by a football knowing guy.
The warmth of that heater heading home.
The tipping back of my cozy recliner when all was said and done.

ahhhhhh.

& today ?
I'm right now witnessing yet another fantastic sunrise.
A perfect cup of coffee awaits
& and a bright, sunshiny soul that I refer to as Sister, texts me this ...


 Yep.

The Chicago Bears lost yesterday.
I'm kinda, sorta thinking I'll survive.

:)

I Am My Feelings
    

No comments:

Post a Comment