xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Right Now

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Right Now

Seems this is going to be a day where these words of mine refuse to flow
& I'm thinking,
ya know,
just go back to bed and give inspiration a break.
seriously
It's not worth racking those brain cells for something that is obviously not there

or

I can write, see what appears, hit delete at any moment
& no one will know but me

& there's that tune.

"Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now"

I haven't heard that song by The Youngbloods in YEARS, but a Walmart commercial I happened to see last night has it stubbornly strumming in my mind.

Try to love one another right now.

ok.

Sounds pretty darn easy, if you ask me
& yet, here we sit.
Again.
Repeating the same, old, tired, words as hatefulness continues to thrive throughout this land and our lives.

I am so, so tired of ugliness

& no matter what words I conjure up to counter the venom.
No matter how many flippin times I plead 'it's easy if you try'
I've got to, you've got to, WE have to TRY.

Try harder, try better.
Try today and tomorrow and all the tomorrows that follow.
Try until our very last breath.
Try forever and then some.

Because if I try and you try and she tries and he tries ....

Oh no, Hate.
No. No. NO.
I cannot,  I will not hit 'delete'.
Not today.
Not. Ever.

I will continue.
I will TRY.

So, please.
PLEASE.

Come on people now
Smile on your brother.

Right now.

:)

I Am My Feelings






 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment