xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Blue Dots

Monday, November 24, 2014

Blue Dots

There is an insect known as the Emerald Ash Borer.
Google tells me it is a green beetle native to Asia and Eastern Russia.
The Emerald Ash Borer made it's way to America in 2002.
An infestation of these green beetles is highly destructive to ash trees.

I am knowing this info because Emerald Ash Borers have entered my walking world. 
Big, blue, spray painted dots color the trees that must be cut down because of that gang of bugs.
Blue dots are everywhere on my walk these days and I don't like it !

My favorite stretch of trees have those ugly dots on them.
They are the best bunch of trees in the park.
Wonderful, proud, reaching to the sky old timers.
It will break my heart to see them go.

Yesterday, my blog words described my respect for the awesome power of nature.

Today ?
I am wondering what the heck point is there to an Emerald Ash Borer....?
I'm very angry at that part of nature.
Why did those thugs have to show up in my happy land and mess with my trees ?!?
why why whyyyyyyyyy ???????

I'll be stewing in this for a few days I'm sure.
That little insect is on my mad list.
& mad I am.
Mad I shall remain.
humph

I'll go to the park today, tomorrow, the next day, next, next and next ...because that's what I do.
& I'm sure I will witness the chopping down of my beloved trees.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

But, come Spring,  I will also witness the planting of the newbies.
I can't be mad at the new guys.
It's not their fault.
And they will be so cute scattered amongst the remaining, giant trees.
So, eventually, I will get over my mad.
Eventually.

Ahhhh.
The slow, steady, wonderful healing process of nature.
You gotta love it.
I sure do.

But, you Mr Emerald Ash Borer ?
It's going to take me a very, very, very long time to love you.
humph.

:)








No comments:

Post a Comment