xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Improving

Monday, November 3, 2014

Improving

As I was driving the other day, headed for a weekend with family, my mind wandered upon many things.

The songs on the radio.
Did I remember to do this or that before I left ?
People.
Places.

But, I kept coming back to one thing in particular  -  Me.
& the things I need to do to improve me.

Things like self promotion.
I stink at self promotion.
I'm not good at the 'Look at me !' thing at all.
I write my words, throw them out into the world, then run for cover.
Shine that spotlight on me and I'll be hiding in the corner.
I have to get more of a 'my stuff is good !' attitude and start selling myself.

hey ....no naughty thoughts, please ....

Another thing I need to improve upon is boldness.
I have none.
I will step up if I have to step up but, I won't be the first.
I won't say 'Pick Me !'
Nope.
I'll be the extra person you MIGHT need.
I must have been in the shy line when they passed out bold.
oops.

I have to get better at speaking my mind too.
Lots of times I don't.
I just tuck the thoughts away and I don't say what I'm really, REALLY thinking.
But ...I'm also a Taurus.
They say it's not wise to get a Taurus mad.
& it's true.
It might take me a very long while to get pushed to a brink but, once I'm there..
Yep.
Yikes.

Stuart Smalley of Saturday Night Live, used to say "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and doggone it, people like me."
Well, by golly Stuart Smalley, you are right !

Starting today, I am going to self promote, be BOLD, and SPEAK UP !!
Ooooooooo ...watch out world !
Here comes the brand new, big talking, no holding back ME !

Here I come ....!....

Ummmm.
Maybe not.

Slow, quiet and steady has always worked for me.
& things always work out.

The new improved me will happen.
Is happening.

I may be moving at a snail's pace but, it's happening.

Oh, yes it is.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment