xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Chime

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Chime

I went to a middle school / high school choir concert last night.
I was there to see and support Grandniece
& to say it was delightful is an understatement.
There's just something about young voices chiming together that does the heart good.

But.
Let's be honest.
Once my certain someone's time on the stage was over, which was very early on, I glanced at my watch, my program and I did have that thought of ooooooh boy, this is going to be a L O N G night

& so,
I sat
and they sang
& sang
& sang
And as the evening moseyed along, I kept thinking the same thought.
One voice
Combined with another
& another
& another
& another
WoW
What a perfect little path to wonderful
& I can honestly say, by program's end, YaY !!
I enjoyed every single second

& then, we walked outside
& outside was a downpour.
No worries though, the hoodie was up, the car was close and Family and I found our way back to dry.
Got home, did some biz, sat my bottom on my comfy, cozy recliner and turned on the tv

& seriously, five minutes was all it took.
Depressed is what I became.
One person saying this, another person squawking that.
All is wrong and appalling
& word is, maybe I should hate you.
Hey, maybe you feel the same about me.

Ugh

UGH !!

So, I turned that noise off and listened to the rain instead.
ahhhhhhh

& again, I thought,
One voice
Combined with another
& another
& another
& another

WoW

hmmmm.

If given the choice
& I most certainly do have that choice,
I know what my simple voice chooses.

How about yours ?

:)

I Am My Feelings









No comments:

Post a Comment