xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Living Livid

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Living Livid

I once knew a woman who spent a good portion of her life, livid.
Every single time I saw her, she would be in a tizzy about something or another.
"Oooooh,  I'm so livid ...!"  she would huff
& then she'd rattle on about what got her worked up and why she was so perturbed.

I'd always giggle after talking to her
& our daily conversations became more of  'what's she mad about today?' than actually listening to her concerns.

Livid.
I googled the word.
It means 'furiously angry, enraged'.

yikes

I've been miffed.
I've been upset.
Ruffled ...?
Yep.
Ticked off ...?
Uh huh.
& I know I've been every single version of HUMPH.

humph.

But, livid ...?

I've often wondered if my livid loving friend just liked using the word livid
& I think she did.
But, along with the word came the emotion.
She was stewing and brewing almost all of the time.

I never asked why in the world she was so angry about everything.
I guess I was too intimidated to inquire.
But somewhere down the line, I came to the conclusion there are just some people in this world who enjoy negative.
They thrive on it.
Being and seeing the dismal side of life is just who they are & who they've become.

How sad.

I don't talk to my livid friend anymore.
I haven't seen her in years but, I sometimes wonder if she's still irate.
I hope not.

Livid.
Furiously angry.
Enraged.

You know what the opposite of  'being livid' is...?
I can tell you because I googled it.

"be happy"

Yep.
Be Happy.

Now, that sounds like a lovelier place to spend my time.

:)

I Am My Feelings


No comments:

Post a Comment