xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Bigger

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Bigger

We met under unusual circumstances
& how I was bold enough to follow through on my wine-filled promise, actually make an appointment and walk into his salon is completely beyond me.
I just don't do those types of leaps.
But, for some reason, this time, I did
& every five or so weeks as he colors and cuts my hair, I remind him that it was destiny
& yes, we have known each other before,
another lifetime before.

That kind of  bond cannot be denied.
It's there.
It's genuine.
It's for always

& so, we talk, talk, talk
& he fills me in on the many bits and pieces of his very interesting life
& I think to myself,
hmmm
maybe .. ?

Maybe.

You see, I've been back of my head wondering for quite awhile now if I am capable of writing bigger
& even as I laughingly, I'm not all that serious say to him, 'I should write your story, I really think I'm supposed to write your story...'
I continue to do what I do,
I push off until tomorrow what should be done today
& there it sits.

I should.
I should.

Mom visited me in a dream the other night.
I'm not sure that we said anything to each other but, I could feel her presence as she walked a few steps behind me.
I was headed to the headboard of my bed, determined to get to the place where a something she gave me years ago sits.
It's a little music box that plays "Through The Years" by Kenny Rogers
& honestly, I haven't heard or even thought of that song or that priceless gift in a million years

& as I picked up my beat-up, old friend I was saddened by it's forgotten about, unattended shape.
I looked at Mom with an 'Oh my gosh ! how could I let this happen ?!?'
I took my hand and dusted, dusted, dusted, wiped, wiped, wiped.
I took my lips and blew, blew, blew on what seemed to be a mountain of grunge, trying every which way to shine her up
& then,
I woke up.

I went about my biz.
I forgot about my dream
until ...

He sends me random, just because, every so often texts
& last Saturday morning's will be etched in my brain for - ev - er.

"Oh my god. I just love this song. I must be menopausing  hahahahaha"
& attached to his words was a link to watch "Through The Years by Kenny Rogers w/lyrics" on YouTube.

 Looks like I will be writing bigger.

Thanks, Destiny.

:)

I Am My Feelings

No comments:

Post a Comment