xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Hooked

Friday, March 9, 2018

Hooked

A mother-in-law is the mother of a person's spouse.[3] Two women who are mothers-in-law to each other's children may be called co-mothers-in-law, or, if there are grandchildren, co-grandmothers.
In comedies, the mother-in-law is sometimes shown as the bane of the husband, who is married to the mother-in-law's daughter. Mothers-in-law are often stereotyped in mother-in-law jokes.
Some Australian Aboriginal languages use avoidance speech, so-called "mother-in-law languages", special sub-languages used when in hearing distance of taboo relatives, most commonly the mother-in-law.
A mother-in-law suite is also a type of dwelling, usually guest accommodations within a family home that may be used for members of the extended family.


Well gee, Wikipedia.
You sure make this mom-in-law gig sound er, uhhhh
morbid.

yikes

but, I get it.
There are a million types of relationships out there in this great big, wonderful world and some are not all that terrific.
I know I got lucky.

She won me over a few years ago, at a birthday party for me.
It was my 50th, if you must know the number, so we celebrated thoroughly.
weeeeee
& as we eventually, always do when the festivities are a'flowin around here,
we sang.

She tells me now that, although she is a spontaneous songster such as I, she was somewhat nervous to be partaking in her first karaoke with these people known as Us
& as much as she wanted to, she was a bit hesitant to begin.

Until.
'Hooked On A Feeling' by B.J. Thomas.
Little did she know that song is one of my all time, absolute faves.
She grabbed that mic and made that tune her very own 
& our bond began.

I adore when she sends a string of random texts to fill me in on what's going on since her last sting of random texts
& I've never met anyone so awesomely organized.
She is strong in ways I find impossible to be
& she continues to fascinate me with with her natural, take charge, I'll do it, leadership skills.
She loves my boy
& their boys
& knowing how much she does fills this ol heart of mine with content.

Happy Birthday, Daughter.
& just so you know ?
I tossed that silly, 'in-law' add-on away the night I was Hooked.

:)

I Am My Feelings















No comments:

Post a Comment