xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Keeping The Faith

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Keeping The Faith

Every so often one of THOSE days happens.
My head becomes filled with noise and questions.
Doubt
Clutter
& stuff.
Lots of stuff.

I am not a fan of THOSE days
& I've promised myself over and over not to fall into that negative trap.
I refuse to throw away a perfectly lovely twenty-four hours.
Affirmative only, please.

I found a poem years ago on one of THOSE days.
Written by Nell McLean, it jumped out of a magazine I happened to be reading and called out my name
& these simple lines have saved me a zillion times.
They are my guaranteed happy
& today, I'd like to share them with you.

- - - - - - - - - -

Oh for a faith that will not shrink
Though battered by many a foe
A faith that when standing near the brink
Of a valley dark below
Will buoy me up and carry me on
To tasks as yet unknown
A faith that will lead me through life's storms
Then gently carry me home


- - - - - - - - - -

Oh, Nell McLean ! ! !
You have no idea how very much I love Love LOVE your little poem.
It pushes away the pessimist, all the time, every time.
& these long ago, memorized words continue to help me on this road called Life.

Yes.
Goodbye Noise.
Move along, Questions.
Go away, Doubt and Clutter and Stuff.
Farewell, THOSE days.

I am keeping the faith
& I am enthusiastically locked into Positive.

! ! ! ! ! ! !
 
For always.
Forever.
For sure.

:)

I Am My Feelings

No comments:

Post a Comment