xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Ain't No Mountain

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Ain't No Mountain

I took notice as our Wave made it's way past START.
Two ladies, two sizes.
One walking with ease, one knowing this might be a struggle.

13.1 miles.
Ok.
Here we go.

They kept pace with Sister and I, sometimes ahead, sometimes behind
& in my mind, I dubbed them Determined and Casual.
Casual there to support her friend.
Determined with head down, very in tune with her journey.

As our walking progressed and body aches made themselves known, I'd glance at Determined every now and again and wonder how she was doing.
It can't be easy, it isn't easy but, there she and her pal were at each and every turn.
Casual talking a calm talk.
Determined getting it done.

Sis and I lost track of this duo somewhere in the pursuit of the finish line but, I have no doubt they made it.
I just sooooo wish I could have witnessed their !!!!! moment.

YAY

Determined is hunkered in my brain as I begin this Tuesday morning
& I have a feeling her and her drumbeat will be there for a very long while.

Keep walking. Keep walking. Keep walking.
No matter the distance.
No matter the pain.
No matter the mountain or those that insist impossible.

Believe.
Stay on path.
Remain steadfast, focused.
Power through, one day, one instant at a time.
&
Slowly.
Surely.

Hey, Determined and Casual ?
Oh YES, we Can.
ooooooo YES, we DID.

:)

I Am My Feelings













 

No comments:

Post a Comment