xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Pants On Fire

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Pants On Fire

I googled 'liar' this morning.

Why ?
I was curious.

Why was I curious ?
Because stretchers of the truth have always intrigued me

& so,
I typed

 L I A R

& Google, with all it's wisdom replied,
'a person who tells lies'

uh
yep
but what else, Obvious ?
I need more.

1. someone who represents one set of facts, while knowing that a
different set of facts prevails;

2. (popular) someone who having led others to believe one thing, does
a different thing; a promise-breaker;

3. (colloquial) someone whose general conduct, level of reliability,
relationship with truth, and past performance leave him or her with
little to no credibility in peoples' opinion;



& then I took a stroll down Memory Lane, where all the doozies I have told live
& yes,
I did
& sometimes, still do.

White lies, mostly
& btw,

ˈˌ(h)wīt ˈlī/
noun
noun: white lie; plural noun: white lies
  1. a harmless or trivial lie, especially one told to avoid hurting someone's feelings.

You know the deal.
I don't feel so good.
I already have plans for that day.
Something suddenly came up.
yeah
& I said those words with complete sincerity, I did
but, looking back now ?
I feel a barrage of guilt because a lie is still a lie.
Isn't it ?
Some days it seems the liars are everywhere
& I wonder, how can you do that ??
Who do you see in your mirror ?
How do you keep track ?
& why ?
why can't we, 
you, 
simply be honest and speak our very own gospel ?
I know.
It's complicated
Or hurtful
or or or 
& oh ! what a tangled web we weave ...
& everybody does it 
& it's often easier
and and and 
Makes my head spin, it does.
Hey, here's a thought.

tro͞oTH/
noun
noun: truth
the quality or state of being true.
hmmm.
Sounds simple.
Sounds pleasant.
Sounds doable.
Sounds like it frees up the brain cells to enjoy these moments and cherish this journey called Life.

ahhhhh.
Truth.
! Truth !
I do believe I'd rather, Liar
as these just happen to be my very favorite pants
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment