xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Diminish

Friday, May 18, 2018

Diminish

The word keeps popping up,
in books,
in conversations,
in songs and commercials,
beckoning to be noticed, begging to be acknowledged
& so,
I do what I always do when this sort of wonderment appears,
I Google.

decrease, lessen, diminish, reduce, abate, dwindle mean to grow or make less. decrease suggests a progressive decline in size, amount, numbers, or intensity.

Yep.
That's what I figured you'd say Google.

so, yeah,
um, hey,
Diminish-er ?
uh huh

It's you.

Yes, I am talking to YOU today.

I'm really curious as to why you do what you do ?
You weaken.
You minify.
You squish and you squelch
& I just need to know why ??

I mean, does it make you feel more alive inside to take what isn't even yours and demean ?
Is that it ?
A power thing ?

Or is it a something you're lacking ?
A genuine factor that simply does not exist in your innermost self. 

hmmm.
I just don't get it. 
But, I sure wish you'd help me understand.

Because the way I see it,
you and I are wandering souls, 
placed upon this awesome planet, in a spectacularly gargantuan universe.
We are teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy beings
& if that's not enough to convince you of our unique and totally beautiful sameness ???

WOW
just wow

Want to know a secret, my belittling friend ?
I feel sorry for you.
I do.
Because you have no idea of the joy you are missing in this treasure called Life.
It's everywhere and everything, available to anyone and everyone
& it is right here,
RIGHT HERE
to be enjoyed and experienced
& how you cannot realize the absolute simplicity of it all is completely beyond me.

But.
Here's a thought, Diminish-er.
How's about you concentrate on YOU and I will pinpoint ME.
We can tidy up our own within-s and focus on our own awareness.
Because when you stop lessening me and begin the building of you ?
Amazing will forever, for always follow.

Guaranteed.

:) 

I Am My Feelings








 




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment