xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: But Words

Saturday, January 13, 2018

But Words

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

We've all heard it, we've all said it at some point in life.
As a sibling to a sibling.
As a nicey to a meanie.
As a comeback to a bully.

Sticks and stones.

I was curious as to where and how this phrase began
& so,
I googled
& did you know this adage, although reworded a time or two, has been around since 1830 ?
Alexander William Kinglake is credited with it's origin.
Yep.
Google also informs ...

 The rhyme persuades the child victim of name-calling to ignore the taunt, to refrain from physical retaliation, and to remain calm and good-living.

To remain calm and good-living.
I like that.
 
For although it seems hatefulness has been surrounding us for eons,
I know of an emotion that has been here longer
& I am privy to a higher place that is so much better.
Stronger is what I become.
Confident and secure and certain is who I am.

Love.

My infinite protector.
My unbreakable force field.
My conqueror of all.

Love.

With it's incredible simplicity and genuineness and willing and wonderful, it opens
& heals
& even feels a slice of compassion for those unfortunate carriers of stick and stones as they can't seem to realize their destiny is failure.
All the time.
Every time.

Yes, Love.
We believers of you shall remain calm and in good-living
& when that pesky insect of ugliness shows itself again and yet again ?
No worries.
Those words may sometimes hurt, often shock and definitely appall
but they will never, EVER break us.

:)

I Am My Feelings














No comments:

Post a Comment