xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Say It

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Say It

I saw him this time, every year.
He'd walk into my house, give me a hug , a 'Hello Darlin', and ask about the family.
After awhile, I'd excuse myself and we'd laugh that we could talk all day but, he and Husband had taxes to do.
An hour or so later, I'd reappear.
We'd continue our conversation, he'd give me his 'bye Darlin, let's try to see each other before next year'
and off he'd go
& as I'd shut the door behind him, I'd over the top exclaim 'What a wonderful man ! !'

I think he knew how I felt but, I sure wish I'd have told him.
I would have, could have, should have said certain words.
Words like 'You brighten up my Winter!' or 'You're my favorite!' or some other syrupy something.
But, I didn't.

Two years later and how I miss that man.

Sometimes, most times, I catch myself holding back on saying certain words to certain people.
I think they'll think I'm kooky or silly or just plain nuts
& I talk myself out of expressing the joy they bring.

It's that random, little bitty but important to me glee.
That smile when I need it most, the unexpected phone call, the out of nowhere just because, that hello darlin...
Miscellaneous happiness from very nice people.

I need to stop thinking and start speaking my sappy.

You make me happy !
You're so awesome !
I love that you are in my life !

Those simple words need to be expressed enthusiastically, wholeheartedly and often.
These days are not guaranteed and I'd much rather leave my mark as a goof than as a sure wish I ...

Say it.
Yep.
Just say it.

I am so going to say it.

:)

I Am My Feelings




No comments:

Post a Comment