xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: The Wave

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Wave

ALL I keep thinking about lately is The Wave.

It is there in the morning as I am sipping my coffee.
It cozies up to me and my lunchtime pbj
& it continues to pester as I am nighttime dozing on my recliner.

the wave
the wave
the wave

& so,
I do what I always do when Insistent calls.
I Google.
Because Google knows best.


 The wave (known as the Mexican wave in the English-speaking world outside North America) is an example of metachronal rhythm achieved in a packed stadium when successive groups of spectators briefly stand, yell, and raise their arms. Immediately upon stretching to full height, the spectator returns to the usual seated position.
The result is a wave of standing spectators that travels through the crowd, even though individual spectators never move away from their seats. In many large arenas the crowd is seated in a contiguous circuit all the way around the sport field, and so the wave is able to travel continuously around the arena; in discontiguous seating arrangements, the wave can instead reflect back and forth through the crowd. When the gap in seating is narrow, the wave can sometimes pass through it. Usually only one wave crest will be present at any given time in an arena, although simultaneous, counter-rotating waves have been produced.[1]


Google goes on to inform me of the who's and when's and how's and allll about The Wave's origin
& if I could, I would pass out a whole lotta hugs to those enthusiastic pioneers of pure FUN.

weeeeeeee

& although I know plenty of people who are not fans, I ADORE The Wave and will participate each and every time opportunity knocks

& go ahead and call them 'a bunch of drunks' but, I am forever intrigued by those that start The Wave
& the thought process and harmonizing of others that follow. 
It's cooperation at it's best, if you ask me. 
Strangers.
Complete and total strangers all coming together to create an awesome moment of pure joy
& if that ain't beautiful, I sure don't know what is !!

So.
What's my point ?? you so patiently ponder. 

Be that someone who starts a wave.
A wave of Happy.
A wave of Kindness.
A wave of Hopeful and Helpful and Love.

Do it in your own unique style and your own genuine time but BE that beginner. that arranger, that organizer.
Synchronize your little corner of our wonderful world
& I'll do the same
& so will he
& she 
& they 
& them.

I promise you.
We will bloom.
We will blossom.
We will change 
& ours will be THE BEST metachronal rhythm ever.

I'll be starting mine today.

! ! YaY ! !

:)

I Am My Feelings



No comments:

Post a Comment