xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: #DateNutBreadDay

Friday, December 22, 2017

#DateNutBreadDay

Somewhere during this busy week, I was told that Saturday, (aka today) is National Date Nut Bread Day
& I thought, 'well, I'll be ...'
In all these years,
through allllll the Decembers I have experienced, I have never, ever realized that a day like this even existed

so, yep.
I googled

& did you know very few people are allergic to dates ?
or that dates are the fruit of the date palm ?
or that food historians believe the date palm was first cultivated in the Middle East around 6000 B.C. ? 

& even though my mind is now filled with fun, dated facts, the very question I was hoping to have answered, was unfortunately, not.

"Within our research, we could not find the creator of National Date Nut Bread Day."

well, boo.
because I'd really like to know that wonderful someone's story.
To create a day specifically for this yummy tastiness ?
Dang.
That's a lot of love
& I need to hand out hugs.

You see, date nut bread has been a part of Christmas for as far back as I can remember.
I can honestly say, I cannot recall one without.
It's a tradition, 
a staple, 
an always there.

Dad says the recipe came from his mother but, when and how and why he and Mom added date nut bread to the Christmas list each year is beyond him.
They just did
& even as the family kept growing and growing and you'd think those two would have decided, 'that's ENOUGH!"
They'd just make more
& even though Mom now celebrates in Heaven and you'd think Dad would have automatically, instinctively retired the date nut ?
Nope.
We are on our twelfth Christmas without that little lady and Dad still makes and bakes that most treasured treat.

I've never watched. I've never helped.
All. These.Years. and I have never once made date nut bread.
But there it is every single Christmas, wrapped in foil, patiently waiting to be devoured
& ummm, 
errrr
truth be told, I'm kinda feeling the guilts. 
Why ?
Because it seems I may have taken this annual goodie for granted

& so, 
today I offer my sincere, heart bursting with love, big, BIG thank you to Granny
& Mom
& Dad

to you too, creator of #NationalDateNutBreadDay, wherever you are.
I now truly recognize the priceless, precious value of that awesome bread.

:) 

I Am My Feelings 






 


No comments:

Post a Comment