xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Teardrop

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Teardrop

Read by Ken Guidotti

I am sad.
I am really sad.
I am so sad that I do not know what to do.
Oooooooooooo
I think I have forgotten how to smile.
In fact, I am sure I will never, ever smile again.
Ever!!! 
Oooooooooooooo
Oh.  Hello.
I did not see you there.
What is your name?
My name is Teardrop and I am sad.
I feel like crying and crying and crying and I do not know why.
I was playing with my toys and thinking about things when – all of a sudden – TEARS!
I did not hurt myself or anything!
I just started crying and nobody even knows!
My family thinks I am happy but, I'm so, so sad.

Want to know a secret?
I am pretty good at hiding. I do that sometimes.
I keep my tears inside my eyes.
It works for a little while but then my head hurts, my throat feels bumpy and it's hard to talk.
Other times, the tears just come out.
They just come out!
I do not know where they come from, they just start and they do not want to stop.
My Mom and Dad tell me it's ok to cry but, sometimes my brother says I'm a crybaby.
Grandma calls me 'Honey' gives me toys or candy and whispers "everything will be alright".
Everyone asks, “What's wrong?!?” or “Are you hurt?!?” but, on days like today, I don't know why I'm crying.
I'm just sad.
I hope they all just leave me alone.
Ooooooooooooooooo
My face hurts.
My eyes feel tiny and itchy.
Ummm, you know what?
It is nice of you to listen to me.
You are kind.

Do you ever feel like this?
Do you ever feel like crying and crying and crying?
Sometimes I think I am the only one in the whole wide world who is sad.
Sometimes I think I could fill up a big, gigantic, super ocean with all my tears.
I bet I could!
Here comes another one!
I am going to try to catch it with my tongue.
It is rolling, rolling, rolling down my cheek.
Got it!  Yum.  It tastes salty!
Gosh, I'm really glad you came by today because talking to you made me not want to cry as much.
I guess if you talk to someone about your tears it makes it a little bit better.
Sometimes writing stuff down or drawing pictures helps too.
Talking or writing or drawing pictures.
Remember this the next time YOU are feeling sad.
I mean really sad, so sad that you do not know what to do.
Well.... now you know what to do!
You can talk to someone and tell them
or
You can write it down
or
You can draw a picture.
I am sure once you do, you will feel much better.
Like ME! 
YaY
Thank you for making me happy again!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment