xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Unfinished

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Unfinished

I was glassy-eyed, just woke up, pre-coffee staring at my laptop this morning, when it occurred to me how very much I love blank.

Blank blog screens.
Blank paper in my Barry Manilow notebook.
Blank days on my brand new calendar.

hmmmm

and as I mulled the fresh, lovely, emptiness of that syllable over and over in my head,

blank
b l a n k
BLANK

I thought, what a funny sounding word.

Blank

& yep.
The urge to Google took over my brain.
I just had to know more.

Colorless.

Expressionless.

Absolute, unqualified.

uh huh, uh huh
but, what else Google ?
what else ?

: UNFINISHED; especially : having a plain or unbroken surface where an opening is unusual

& I thought, TADA 
THAT'S it, exactly

& I believe I shall name her, 'Unfinished'
because every single year.
Every. Single. Time.
Right after Christmas and right smack dab on schedule she persistently but ooooooh so patiently appears.
With her sparkly, shiny 365 days in hand, she wonders what will I accomplish with mine
& just when will I finish my unfinished.

That clock is ticking, she gently coaxes.
Say the words.
Do those deeds.
Get whatever needs to be done, done
& leave nothing halfway.
Because these days are not guaranteed.
They are priceless.
They are perfect.
They are a most glorious gift

 &
the older I get,
the clearer I see.

Thanks for your annual reminder, Unfinished.
I won't pinky swear promise but, I will definitely try to open up unusual in 2018.

:)

I Am My Feelings



















No comments:

Post a Comment