xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: You Still Got That Thing ?

Monday, December 4, 2017

You Still Got That Thing ?

Yes, he's old.
Yes, he's worn and torn and pretty beat up.
Yes, we probably should have replaced him a couple thousand days ago
& yes, if he could talk.

If only he could talk.

Like a wise, elderly storyteller, he'd calmly speak of the time after time after please !! just one more time we have called upon him.
To do.
To take.
To push.
To haul
& how time after wonderful time, he has unselfishly complied.
Forever piled high with wood or bricks or supplies or lord only knows.
Crammed to the very tippy top rim with everything and then some and here, throw this in there too.

He's the forever thumbs up to the could you move me here ?
hey, would you relocate me there ?
You mind if I borrow your truck ?
 & I won't dare calculate the many instances where he's been stalled, towed and repaired
because he's the one we endlessly count on for those who are stalled and in need of a tow or repair.

He's got his quirks and stubbornness but, eh, don't we all ?
Like how his driver's door is a smidge off hinge and has to be shut in just that certain way
or how his tailgate makes a creaky, grumpy sound when opened or closed
or how every once in awhile it takes him a little bit longer to rev up that engine.

He's been rain and snow and stormed upon,
stuck and muddled up in the mud
dirtied in that dust filled gravel
prodded, bumped, bruised and bothered
forever on call and constantly called upon
& yet, as I glance out my window this morning, there he sits, patiently awaiting 'what's next' ?   

He's undoubtedly the most loyal vehicle we have ever owned
& a friend to the end in every single sense of the word.

So.
To answer your question ?
Yes.
We still have that oh so awesomely devoted 'thing' known as our 1995 Ford F-150
&
I truly hope we always will.

:)

I Am My Feelings








 




No comments:

Post a Comment