xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Our Talks

Friday, December 1, 2017

Our Talks

I was talking with a friend recently about the year, this year.
We were amazed that December's beginning is already upon us and soon ... too soon ...!... the holidays and everything that comes with the holidays will be here
& yep.
Another 365 will be in the books.

WoW.
 
My friend and I reminisced about the happenings that have happened throughout these days of 2017.
He reminded me of the people we have 'lost',
the tragedies occurred,
the sadness, the hurt, the ugly
& yes, I agreed.
This has been a somewhat unpleasant year
& yes, one can ponder it, question it or just chalk it up to horrible.
But, my friend and I decided to look at it another way instead.

How about all those good days ?
There have been many.
Many.
The good ones always seem to get pushed aside when that not so good day appears.
Lucky for us though, refreshingly brand new possibles are offered every 24 hours
& we are reminded with every sunrise.
Another today.
Another chance

& how about all the beautiful people of this world ?
The helpers.
The carers.
The doers.
Positives are out there, offering goodness, hope, happiness and smiles.
My friend and I call them 'niceys'
& there are multitudes, if one simply chooses to notice.

And let's not forget those blessings.
Abundant blessings.
They too are often overlooked when the not so good comes a-calling.
But, they are there.
Always, always there.
Patient, subtle, quiet but, Oh. So. There.

Yep.
My friend and I had quite the conversation
& we decided it is best to wrap ourselves in good,
concentrate on positive
and count those awesome blessings.
It won't stop the not so wonderful from happening but, it sure makes this life a whole lot easier.

Hey, Jesus ?
Thanks.

I love our talks.

:)

I Am My Feelings

No comments:

Post a Comment