xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Hello Winter

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Hello Winter

Welcome back
& I know you probably don't hear this all that much but, I've really missed you.

It's true.

You and your grumpy old geezer ways.
At a glance, you come across as cold, dark and dismal
& quite frankly, you've made me feel exactly that on one too many days.
But not this time, Winter.

Nope.

Because after all these years, dear sir, I do believe I have finally figured you out.
I know your secret
& today, your official entrance day, I need to remind me.

Patience.
That's what you teach.
Steady, snail-paced, wonderful patience.

Slow down, you advise.
Take the time to stop.
To look.
To see.
Hey.
It's pretty darn beautiful out there !
The colors you frequent, Mr Winter, are simple and unique
& I am truly amazed by your daily show.

Determination.
Yep.
You illustrate that too.
Steadfast, dogged, I can soooooo do this determination.
Like that hawk who's often perched on the very tippy tip top of a fragile, freezing branch on my big, bald tree.
Oh. Yes.
I. Can.

& Hope.
Hope is the very best lesson of them all, my friend.
With a whisper of a snowflake.
With the quiet calm right after the worst of your storms.
With the sunshine bursting through the clouds at the very moment I'm certain it'll never be bright again.
Oh Winter.
You offer me such perfect hope.

So YaY.

You're here.
You're back
& I am ready for you and your frosty, chilly, blustery everything.

I'm privy to your secret now, Winter
& for that I say, Thanks.

:)

I Am My Feelings


No comments:

Post a Comment