xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: Easter Morning

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Easter Morning

We sat in the parking lot and debated.
No, change that.
I debated, because that is what I've been known to do.
I sometimes, oftentimes, every once in awhile, actually quite frequently, second guess.
I question.
I wonder.

hmmm

It really doesn't look like a church, does it ?
& those people, why are they hovering around out front ?
er
um
I don't know.
You guys decide, you're better at this 
&
after a brief second of 'should we Google another ?'
we pulled ourselves out of that car and made our way to the door.

It was Easter morning and we wanted to be in church.
A nondenominational church.
But, Daughter and Boyfriend and I were visitors in this town, so we allowed iPhone and all of it's wisdom to place us in a spot closest to our START
&
Here we were.
We are here.

Smiles, coffee and Happy Easter !! greeted us
& as we cozy chair hunkered in, I began to notice.
Ok
There are drums and guitars and a violin and keyboard.
There's talking and laughter and friendliness.
Yep.
This feels like the other "nons" I've encountered
& comfort filled my insides as I thought, 'cool.'

A person or two came by, introductions were made and glad you are here, enjoy ! were exchanged
YaY
This felt right.

Long story short,
the music was fantastic,
the message heartfelt and extremely powerful
& as we ventured back out into the sunlight I exclaimed, 'Wooooo ! THAT'S what I'm talking about !"
& yep,
I would happily go back there next time.

& just why do you need to know this Sunday a.m. biz of mine ?? you so patiently ponder.
Because my first impression indecisiveness almost change the game
& shame, shame, shame on me.

Yes. 
I know and completely understand the whole 'you gotta be cautious cause ya never know' thought process.
I get it.
But, mine was coming from a somewhat more analytical, cynical place.
That building.
It didn't look like a "REAL" church.
It was different.
It was plain.
It was. It was. It was.

I am soooooo delighted I now know the joy of that lovely building and it's beautiful difference !

Oh, First Impressions.
Why do you do this to me ?!?
& uh
You have to stop that, ok ?

I'm guessing 99.9% of the human beings that populate this planet are very nice, very kind souls
& I'd much rather take my chances on GOOD than waste my moments second guessing the what if's and everythings.

My heart wants, NEEDS to be more open.
Period.
To people
and places
and adventures
&
buildings that may or my not fit the description I have placed in my head.

Thanks for the lesson, Easter Morning.

:)

I Am My Feelings









  



     


 




No comments:

Post a Comment