xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'. The Words Floating Around in My Head: One Match

Sunday, April 29, 2018

One Match

My apologies to those who have heard this story a zillion times but, barbecue season starts TODAY !! at this house
and with it comes my need to brag,
gloat,
grandstand
& big talk.
Because I am very proud and not a bit shy to admit that I can light a charcoal grill with ONE match.

yep

AND
I can fire up a fire pit using only ONE match.

uh huh

AND
I can ignite a wood stove with ... you guessed it ...
ONE match.

It's. True.

'One Match Jacki' is what they call me
or that's what I tell everyone they call me.
I use this boastful cheer every time I light my grill
or my fire pit
or my wood stove.
Arms raised in victory, I turn to the crowd and sing YaY Me !
Only ONE match needed, yet again.

Talent.
Everyone has one.
ONE match just happens to be mine.

My swag comes with a price though.
The pressure is intense.
The family takes notice now when I prepare to perform.
With eager anticipation they gather and wonder can she ??
Will she ?!?
They are a tough crowd too.
No lame excuses are tolerated with this bunch.
Random wind gust ?
Too bad sister ...you blew it !!
(pun intended)

HA

I have handed my people perfection.
They expect perfection
& perfection is what they will receive.
Lucky for me I'm good at this, otherwise I'd be nervous.

& so ...
I will continue on.
Conquering every charcoal grill, fire pit and wood stove with one,
count em
ONE match.

Guaranteed.

:)

I Am My Feelings




No comments:

Post a Comment